Review Detail

3.6 40
November 4, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

On Wednesday, November 4th, 2009, my wife and I drove our car up to Ft. Rucker from Panama City Beach. Primary mission was to visit the audiology clinic. Secondary mission was to check out the Engineer Beach camp site. We did not stop at the office or check the bathroom facilities. The June 2008 review was right on: 1. The cost is not in line with other campsites because there is no sewer hookup. 2. The last 2 (appx) miles of the road is gravel, full of holes and dusty. 3. I used Microsoft Streets and Trips to find it. Very few of the roads are labeled in that program. However, the directions given on how to get there from the Daleville Gate are quite good. All of the streets are well marked - just keep your eyes open. 4. The site is a long way from anything else on the base. However, the PX,commissary and class 6 stores are well stocked! Also the day we were there, fuel (gas) was about 4 cents cheaper than outside. This was surprising because the fuel at Tyndall AFB runs about a penny MORE than outside! At least it was the last time we were there. 5. The lake front by the site is off limits, but I wouldn't want to swim there anyway. I know this review is a "slam dunk", but with so many other sites that are better, I know I will not be camping there.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 4

Comments

To write a comment please register or