3.4 11
Alabama 55629
17-19 Mar 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The main thorough-fare to the base & to drive to the RV park (Patton Rd) was closed. Bridge out. Should be fixed by now but I would call ahead to ask. There are so many gates into Redstone, isn't possible to describe them all. We entered thru' gate 9 after telephone directions to 2 other gates proved useless. Normally the RV park is at least 7 miles from main base. With Patton Rd out-it's longer. Yes, it is a small park with narrow roads. But it is pretty. Right on the Tennessee River. Bathhouse is a concrete block, ancient bldg but it is clean. Lots of hot water. Several RV's were being lived in by day-workers on post. About 5 RV's were on site but totally vacated. Water & electric in all sights, but no dump on site. It's 1 mile down the rd. When we arr'ed I called the Outdoor Rec office and a nice man offered to drive out to pick-up our registration & $$, saving me a long drive onto base. It's not for an over night stop. Too far from main hwy's, no facilities anywhere close & the only a small children's playgnd for entertainment. But it IS pretty. If you can camp w/out sewer for a few days and want to watch birds or play golf on Redstone, it's a nice, remote and pretty place.
JH
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or