4.4 55
Arizona 94003
8-11 June 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Spent the 8th, 9th and 10th of June at this little gem. Met camp host Andy who gave me a through rundown of the campground, base mission and "must sees" of the surrounding area. He is a fountain of wisdom. Had a little problem with a nose bleed caused by the 7000 plus altitude and 15% humidity and could not get it plugged. Was en-route to the Flagstaff Medical Center and went by to discuss location with Andy. He suggested I try the on base Fire Department and see if one of the on-duty EMTs might be able to help. Wife drove us there and we were met by the most friendly and knowledgeable men, Tony and Carlos, that immediately gave up their ball game to work on me. After about 1-2 hours of work and constantly monitoring blood pressure, I was cured. Can not say enough good words about these two men. They are truly a credit to their profession. More on the campgrounds...long sites, great bathrooms with laundry, great water taste and pressure, good electric. Gravel roads allow a little dust, but folks drive very slowly so this is no problem. The clear 40 degree mornings were amazing with the sweet smell of pine trees in the air. Not knocking Ft Tuthill, but after touring there was more than sold on Camp Navajo for any future visit to the area. Thanks Andy, Tony and Carlos. Some train noise at night if one sleeps with windows open, as we did, but not a real problem. Otherwise, very quiet and peaceful with beautiful views of the stars at night.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or