3.8 73
California 112949
20-27 Aug 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Cost very reasonable considering the amenities, which included eating at the base dining facility which averaged costing $4.00 per meal. Food was amazingly better tasting than my previous [metal tray] experiences many years ago. Sites, were full hook up 110vac/w/s & 'wi-fi'. My site was (of my own choosing) almost a Walmart parking lot experience (a painted line - 6ft distance to my neighbor). I could have elected to move to a more spacious site if I have chosen, but neighboring campers made my selection quite enjoyable. The two restrooms, showers and laundry facilities I used were both well maintained clean and pleasant. Shortcoming being the lack of base maps at the (Lompoc)[RV] entry gate, i.e., [the #4 rating on Facilities]. Since comprehensive maps are readily available on the internet via Google world maps, it suggests poor planning for commanders not to provide them in sufficient quantities where needed at base entry points? The absence of maps did encourage me to drive extensively to 'discover' Vandenburgs numerous great beaches. Sea-fog was persistent, moderating the normal 90 degree summer temps close to the sea and a quarter mi. inland. Average was 75f days, - blankets at night. The opportunity exists to view both mil and civ space launches in person (launch dates can be found on the internet) and if your really fortunate you'll meet new and genuinely interesting campers as I did! I had never previously even heard of a Y-03A aircraft in Vietnam!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or