California 164100
8-19 Nov 2010
(Updated: December 07, 2010)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our first RV experience. My wife and I enjoyed our stay here very much. The park is surrounded by the beach and an estuary, providing lots to watch. From our spot we could watch the surf come in, harbor seals and dolphin swim by, along with pelicans, ducks, and many other birds flying and diving. The park is adjacent to a large engine run facility, which does impact the view from many spots. I only heard large prop engines being run, which didn't bother me at all. For $30 a night, the sites seemed rather basic; asphalt pad surrounded by sand, a picnic table and a fire ring. Hook-ups include 30/50 AMP service, basic cable TV, phone (didn't utilize it), water, and sewer. Also included was free WiFi, but coverage was intermittent. Community bathrooms were closed for remodeling. Laundry is available in adjacent lodging facility, which also offered free coffee and sold some sundries. Office personnel were friendly. Place was almost empty during the week, and almost full over Veteran's Day weekend. Pt Mugu has a decent gym, small shopette, and gas station. The gas station has a propane station and a wand type car wash, but no diesel. We did to go to Port Hueneme (20-min drive) and get a base sticker. Pass & registration was right at the main gate. Port Hueneme has a large NEX, commissary, and the gas station offers diesel. It was about 15 min into Camarillo. Lots of shopping (including a large outlet mall), restaurants, etc... Looking forward to another stay.
W&
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts