California 104460
June 26, 27, 28, 2013
(Updated: July 05, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The location of this base is not convenient unless you are visiting people you know in the area. On base, it is quite a drive from the main gate. However, it is well signed and you pass the base gas station on the way to the campground which is good. Bonnie, the camp host is very pleasant and helpful. The site we setup in was not level but my jacks automatically leveled without any cribbing. There is only one sink, one stool and one shower in the men's bathroom. The first morning, there was no toilet paper anywhere to be found. Whoever has been cleaning the bathroom has been taking it pretty easy. There was dirt along the walls and mold and dead bugs in the shower every night. I really enjoyed the nearby pond that was stocked with some fair sized fish. There were about 20 Canadian geese that seemed to be resident there. I was surprised to learn that during WWII, Camp Beale had a POW Camp with 1,000 German soldiers on the base. All that remains is a cell block but it was interesting looking at the pictures and words remaining.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or