4.5 130
California 194083
December 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

P.C. left this review using the Directory software: - As previous reviewers have said this is a beautiful, impeccably maintained, perfectly located campground. We've stayed here a couple of times and always enjoy it very much. A couple of notes on our experience. The front gate entrance is VERY narrow. My Class A cleared by a few inches on each side. If possible use the back gate. Secondly, if you change your reservations DO NOT do it on the weekend (office is not staffed) and DO NOT leave a voicemail on the system - talk to a person; this may take several calls. We left a voicemail on the weekend changing our arrival by 1 day and lost our reservation as a "no show" - office staff did find me a space, but also told me they don't check the voicemail - too busy. Make sure you talk to a person about any changes. It helps that ITT is located in the CG office - really convenient for tickets to local attractions. Finally, make your reservation early. The 30 day length of stay rules are completely ignored and the CG is often full. People on both sides of us have obviously been here for months - fences, storage sheds, etc. Despite the stated rules they are allowed to make a new 30 day reservation every 30 days and are thus allowed to stay as long as they want. These are not active duty folks but retirees like myself. I asked staff about it and they just laughed and said "that's the way it is." All in all a great place to stay and we'll certainly be back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or