4.1 129
California 117959
22-29 July 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I'm writing this review during my third summer of visiting TAFB Famcamp. The low rating I am giving it here has nothing to do with Corina, her husband Jim, or their assistant, Caitlin, all of whom work hard and clearly under-supported by the Force Support Squadron commander. It's VERY obvious the Famcamp has become a low priority to the FSS leadership. Where do I begin? Look left, look right, the golf course, the adjacent ball park, the duck pond park at the North Gate...all green grass and landscaping. The Famcamp? The grass is so brown it's a fire hazard and the trees are quite literally dying. And....the managers have repeatedly told the FSS commander about the problems they're having...to no avail. If you're reading this website, Lt. Col. John P. Cappella Zielinski and/or Brian Floyd, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Those of us in this community of military retiree RVers know full well that the revenue we bring to your base is substantial, and we come in record numbers because of the other base attractions. But it's abundantly obvious that you do not value our presence on your installation. I think it's fair to say that neither one of you has your eye on the ball. If you did, the launderette next to the BX coffee shop, also under your prevue, would not look so disgustingly dirty that you'd think you were in an urban bus station. Trash everywhere, trash bins spilling over, trash blowing around outside, bathroom nearly unusable, folding tables unclean and unusable. What are you thinking? Forget the 5 hours I wasted trying to use the supposed cable service at my site post only to find that the connection was not turned on at the post by Comcast. Forget that they literally did not tell anyone in camp until the day before that road crews were going to lock them into the campground for TWO days and also never proactively or accurately communicated this hazard to the Main Gate guards so that they could redirect traffic effectively. Here's the most shameful failing of this Famcamp: The entire state of California prides itself on being green...recycling, solar power, you name it. Does TAFB Famcamp bother to provide recycling bins, such a simple thing, to RV campers? NO! Unbelievably embarrassing to the TAFB FSS CC. If you think recycling costs you too much, try drawing NO retirees or campers to your Famcamp because they refuse to live in filth. I met friends here this year for the third summer in a row. Guess what? We're not coming back unless you fix this. Where is your appreciation for the veterans who visit your Famcamp? Where are your priorities?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 15 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 29, 2014
I think FSS got a new commander recently. He came by on a tour today hopefully things will get better.
I agree with you rating
1 results - showing 1 - 1