4.0 75
California 102301
November 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We have stayed at Fairways RV Park many times in the past. This is the first time we find the campground in a state of poor repair. Almost all the grass and some of the palm trees in the new section are dead from lack of water. It is basically dirt and a few weeds around the concrete pads. When you check in, the office staff hands you a list of campground regulations with a verbal warning to follow the rules, yet there is obviously no enforcement of the rules. When walking through the campground we observed the following: clutter around many campsites, multiple vehicles parked at campsites, parking on the grass (or dirt) and large, aggressive dogs that are specifically prohibited in the regulations. The regulations do not specifically prohibit parking on the grass or dirt. I found I could not park my tow vehicle next my RV without two wheels on the dirt. I asked the office if this was OK and was told no. In my walk through the campground, I counted 14 vehicles parked off the concrete, some with all four wheels on the dirt. The occupancy was around 30-35 RVs. And be warned. Most every campsite has small invasive ants, typically around the utility hookups. Some campers had a circle of Comet cleanser around their RV and others were spraying Ortho Defense almost daily. Otherwise, this is a decent campground in a great location, close to the beach and close to restaurants and shopping in Ventura. On the positive side, the dog run received a lot of attention while we were there. The grass was watered, bushy shrubs removed and trees were trimmed up to 5 to 6 feet off the ground—a 100% improvement. At least the campground cares for the dogs. Before departing, the office staff gave us a letter from the Navy MWR Recreation Director announcing that the RV Park daily rates will increase on December 15, 2017. We were verbally told the rate was increased by $10 per day. We stayed 30 days in November and the occupancy rate was roughly 50%. I am guessing that the occupancy rate will be much less at this campground when it is priced at $40 per night. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or