4.0 75
California 102270
December 16 - January 6, 2017-2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

BE ADVISED, THE RATES FOR MILITARY/RETIREES HAS GONE FROM $30 TO $40 PER NIGHT, BOTH HERE AND POINT MUGU. Unfortunately, as with other military parks, the site fees do not seem to come back to the park. I noticed several sites with cones in them, indicating they are not open for campers, either because of electrical or water problems. Also, most of the grass is gone from sites, leaving dirt and weeds. I spoke with one of the maintenance men and he said that they are beginning a project to clean up the plants and trees which had begun to cover areas where people walk their dogs. While the description says that the sites are 40'long some sites are longer than others. In the older part, we are able to park our 45' RV with no problems. I also agree with the LK23 reviewer, there are still sites which look cluttered, even though the rules do not allow that. It is better though than in past years. The park staff have always been helpful and friendly at check-in and if I have any questions. One lady in particular, Sue, has been there for years and is always friendly when you stop in at the office. With the price hike to $40 though, we are going to look at a different park for our December trip in 2018. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or