Florida 443917
Oct 1-31, 2018
(Updated: October 26, 2018)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We've visited the NASKW Sigsbee Campground with our RV a number of times during the last 8 years. We're currently 2 weeks into a 4 week stay in the "Circle" area (full hook-up). With the Fantasy Fest (18-28 Oct) a few days away, Sigsbee's full hook-up sites are nearing capacity. Mandatory "rotations" from full hook-ups to dry, and vice versa, will likely start in the next week or so. With the recent implementation of the 180 day maximum stay limit (requiring a 14 "night" departure before returning) homesteaders are a bit less prevalent than in the past. FYI, the rates for full hookup sites increased a dollar to $27 (for retired/active) on 01 Oct 2018. I believe the dry camping rate went up a dollar to $17, too, but haven't confirmed that yet. The GoWiFi (free) has been up and running (in the Circle) with little to no downtime (~2.0 mbps down/~.80 mbps up). Operationally, everything is more or less back to normal after the hurricane last year. The most noticeable change is the loss of vegetation and trees in the "Circle" (Maine Rd.) and "Hollywood" (NW corner of Arthur Sawyer Dr.) areas. The "Rock Pile" (far east corner of Arthur Sawyer Rd.) had very little vegetation to begin with so not much change there. As for Key West itself, it doesn't appear last year's hurricane has had any lasting effect. All the fun and festivities seem to be on par with years past :) Update/correction: Previously I posted that the management at the Sigsbee Campground had sent out a 25 Oct 2018 flyer stating generators will be allowed to run 24/7 in the dry camping areas---no more generator quiet hours. On 26 Oct 2018, they sent out another flyer reversing policy, stating the 11pm - 7am "generator quiet hours have been reinstated." Hhmm, not sure what to make of this flip-flop. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 14 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
October 20, 2018
See ya Tuesday!
January 20, 2019
I am glad for the change back to no 24 hour generators. I prefer to sleep with the windows open and a 12 Volt fan if necessary. That can be impossible near anyone running A/C and a generator 24/7. Thank you for your review.
2 results - showing 1 - 2