Florida 116385
Jan -Mar 2011
(Updated: March 28, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have to respond to slmky's review. I think she has probably seen me with my dog. I have a Rot/Shepard mix that looks like a MWD (Military Working Dog) and walk him several times a day. slmky may have seen me in uniform (I'm active duty) and may have figured I was with Security Forces (SF). The SF folks come through a few times a week, but really need to increase their patrols on the weekends, esp. now that the weather is nice. Local folks from off the street have discovered that this is a great place to hang out and drink beer and party. They throw their empties out the window into the shrubs just off the paved paths/roads. There have even been folks that just pull in, park and pitch a tent on the Grace Brown trail. No military affiliation (I asked the SF folks about it). We're currently looking for another place to stay because things have really deteriorated here. Is there a correlation with the fact that the park will be closed soon? From what I'm told, they expect the contractors to take possession of the park this September. The new park near Commando Village will have an office...maybe they will care more if they're on-site...at least during the day. It'd be real nice if they had a camp host at the new place!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or