Florida 310792
March 13-23, 2012
(Updated: April 27, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First of all, I rated Cleanliness/Hospitality low because of the way I was treated at check in. There is nothing wrong with the cleanliness of the park. We made reservations 4 months in advance for a waterfront site. We arrived early and expected to wait for a site. However, there was one site (#18) open and we assumed we would get it. Instead, we were assigned #10. If you've been here before, you know that in between Sites 8 and 10 is Site 8A, which uses what should be Site 10's lawn area. I asked the check-in person about #18, it was empty and available. He said #18 was not available. I didn't press the issue as I thought something may have been wrong with the utilities. We pulled into the front parking area and waited about 2 hours for #10 to be vacated, about 1300. Check-out is 1200. We were early so no problem there. What really set me off was while I was setting up in #10, a motorhome pulled in and got #18. I went to the office but it was a losing cause. The check-in person explained that the person in #18 was coming in for 5 days (he actually stayed 4 days) and another person was coming in for 10 days and we were staying for 10 days. What is he talking about? He explained again and I still didn't get it. What difference did it make? We got there first and should have been assigned #18. It took me a while but I finally figured it out. He was saving #18 for a friend of his or of another staff member. The "Pelican Roost Good Old Boy" network was at work big time. The first 4 days was uneventful. We had a good neighbor. They were replaced by a person who parked as close to us as he could get without hitting the utility hookups. He was about 6 feet from us. At check-in, the check-in person told us he would never allow us to be crowded by the people in #8A. He was at the site and watched this person crowd us. This person in the motorhome must have been part of the "clique" because the host in black and the commando hat hooked his utilities up for him. Two days before our departure, we asked the manager to come out and take a look at our situation. She told us the same assignment story that the check-in person told us. I still don't understand their system. She did say she would look into marking #8A better so people will park in the site instead of crowding #10. She agreed that the person in #8A was a little close to us. OK. After all this, we made the best of our stay and did enjoy our time. The ship watching was fantastic with an aircraft carrier and submarine coming in. They have added a new laundry room (free laundry) since our last visit. WiFi was great. It's too bad that sometime you get a jerk for a neighbor.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 5

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 24, 2012
When you whine and complain you fall quickly down the list of people to be nice too. You should be thankful that they gave you a spot. I get tired of hearing people complain on here about how they were treated or how crowded it was. If you don't like it stay out of MCG's and go park your bus is some 50 dollar a night private campground. For 15 - 20 bucks a night you have absolutely no space to complain.
1 results - showing 1 - 1