Review Detail

4.5 114
February 9/10, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I tent camped here last November and wrote a review that still holds up to scrutiny this time around. I do have to add a couple of things, though. One is that there are now several signs around the campground indicating areas that are NOT pet run areas; and, after this visit, I can see why. Most pet owners are responsible and clean up after their pet, but some seem to have this ambivalence to anyone who is NOT a pet owner. They ignore signs and let their dog go wherever and do whatever they please. I am starting to see more and more campground segregate areas for pet owners and non-pet owners, and if this kind of thing keeps getting out of hand, it won't be long before pet owners will be hard-pressed to find a campground that allows pets. Nobody likes stepping in dog poop, especially when it happens in a public area you are not expecting to encounter dog poop, like the beach! Another topic that I touched on before, but needs reiterated is the noise level here. Saturday and Sunday night are not bad because the west gate is closed on the weekend, but the rest of the week, starting EARLY Monday morning, forget about it! It sounds like a four land highway is running right next to the campground! And, some of the campers in the park didn't help, either, by slamming doors and yelling at dogs at 5 AM. The camp hosts are wonderful people and they do what they can, but they can't do much about traffic noise and its proximity to the campground. The facilities are nice and clean, and the gazebo area is a wonderful place to stretch out, check email, have coffee, etc. All in all, this is a very nice campground, except for the noise. Oh, and watch where you step!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or