4.0 140
Florida 207090
April 30 - May 01 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

A couple of important things to know, first off: The directions on this website are correct and the directions in the military RV camping guide book are wrong. Take exit 188 as this website says, not exit 191 as the military RV camping guide book says. The check in at Outdoor Recreation is closed on Wednesdays. We arrived on a Wednesday and checked in with one of the two camp hosts at the famcamp. She was friendly and helpful. The photo on this website of the famcamp office shows the old famcamp office which no longer exists. Outdoor Recreation is the place to check in, except on Wednesdays. They have an entry gate specifically for trucks and RVs but once you are on base you can leave with your RV through any gate. The Air Force dining facility is open to everyone. It is a very nice facility located right on the water with great views, but the food is poor, quite expensive for a military chow hall, and the staff is not very friendly. I would not eat there again. The famcamp itself is very nice. We had a waterfront space next to a beautiful swimming beach on the Banana River. Patrick is unusually quiet for an air force base, not many planes coming or going the two days we were there. We would stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
March 19, 2015
I have to disagree with being able to leave with RV through any gate. If you try to leave through the gate near the BX you are going to be stuck. I asked the security police about leaving through the gate near Coco Beach and was told, I had to use the commercial gate. Now this was last Nov-Dec 2014 and things might have changed.
April 05, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

I do stand corrected. They do now allow RV to exit through the other gates. You still have to use the commercial gate to get in though.
2 results - showing 1 - 2