Florida 108185
April 19-April 24, 2014
(Updated: August 29, 2014)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were disappointed to not get into Pelican Roost, though the sites are closer together the view of the river is great. We supposedly got the last site open at Osprey Cove. It's an out of the way location but quiet. Once you get used to the roads it's easy to get around the base and out to the off base commissary and nex. We're not real fond of trees so our site in the last row was a bit shady for us. It's an oddly laid out park, following the old mobile home streets and sidewalks. Your rv backs way up near the woods to access the hookups while your truck stays out by the street. The sites to the front of the park and the center have a bit more sun but are somewhat random in their layout. Plenty of space between neighbors. The FREE laundry is a plus. The machines are quite new and clean. You may have to wait as there aren't too many. The screened porch is a nice place to sit while waiting for laundry. Hosts were friendly and helpful. We woke up on Easter morning to find plastic eggs full of candy on our steps. How can you not like a place like that?? (Editors note: Ratings adjusted per reviewer.)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 4

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
August 28, 2014
My mistake with the ratings......guess I had a backwards moment and went to the wrong end of the scale. I meant them to be 5's an 4's. Carol Lantz
1 results - showing 1 - 1