4.0 140
Florida 207089
August 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I called ahead from the Florida panhandle and told Rec Services I had a boat and I wanted to be sure there was a place for me to part my boat at the FamCamp before driving all the way out there. The gentleman I spoke to assured me there was, that he was the guy who worked at the FamCamp and that there would be no problem. Now this was very important to me because I had to make 2 trips from Panama City Beach, Florida as I had just purchased this boat. I brought my bumper pull trailer first, 440 miles, then went back and got my boat. When I return with the boat, I was told there was no where to park it at the FamCamp. I ended up putting it in the Lemon Lot on the base in order to have access to the boat, when I parked it near my RV to prepare it to go fishing the next day, my wife took the truck to the Pharmacy and I ended up with the base police at my RV site telling me I had to remove my boat immediately. It really turned into a cluster, they simply could not or would not understand that my wife had the truck and I could not move the boat. There were other people with there boats doing the exact same thing. I ended up with a Major down at my RV as I had gotten on the phone and called the Commanding Officer and anyone else who had a phone number and told them what had transpired. The women in charge of MWR had sent the Security Police down there, at 1 time I had 4 armed policemen outside my RV with their vehicles, lights going like I was a serious felon. I had just put my boat there a couple hours before to get it prepared to go fishing the next day. There was another boat parked on an RV pad a little further into the FamCamp, hooked to the water, parked on a RV pad, and hooked to RV power, while the guy cleaned his fish and no one said boo to him. I was more than a little upset with the whole experience I had at Patrick AFB. I will never go back....................
Report this review Was this review helpful? 13 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or