3.9 104
Florida 212124
Nov. 8, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

2014,2013,2012 I stayed at Raccoon Creek, Three Wi-Fi sites and they still don't work at all, I went to each location with three different WiFi antennas had 4 to 5 bars and could connect to the router but no internet, I think it's like they are trying to force you to buy the $50.00 a month MiFi, it seems to make sense now. last year I could get a little connection off and on but now nothing, I talked to someone at the sea scape and they told me the internet sucks they cant even connect the there phone it. The Staff one girl at the office counter is one of the most rudest person on the phone, but not in person. I have ever talked to and all I was trying to do is get some information about the urgent care medical centers around the area, she was just rude and could not tell me anything, that was just after I had just got off the phone with them and the person I talked to told me to come up and get a list of the facilities. I found that person and got the list no problem. Just get a name of who you talk to because they seem to have different answers, overall everything I said before is the same they treat the snow birds better than the 14 day stay people. One day I want to be a 3 month snow bird and hope to be treated better. I'm a IT guy I would check it out the internet for free. They have a lot of talent in the park and should use it. I agree with everyone about the sites just sitting vacant waiting for someone to come, but they could make a lot more money if they would manage it a little better, last year I stayed 14 days in they short term site and watched the empty long term site stay vacant the whole time. Same thing this year you have to call 14 days to get a reservation and everyday I see nothing buy empty lots. I see the same problem all the way back from July 2011 with the internet, Management don't seem to care about it at all, get your MiFi for $50.00, Also if you have dogs watch the pickers on the ground very painful to your dogs and you, seems like they would put out some grass seed every year. Beach is super, lot of noise every morning, firing range going every morning, planes flying over all hours (planes going into Tampa Airport don't know why they come over the camp ground so low and all the time, I figured it was a secure air space. I figured I would give it a try again not much change. Getting to be a little dumpy every year. Traffic speeding up and down the main road all day not to bad this time. First time no bugs, better in November, Bugs very bad all the other times, mainly at night but it's Florida. Did not think I was coming back this year but I love the Tampa area. Went to Mayport this year and loved it, been to Patrick AFB before, but I came back to MacDill, this place is way better a lot more to do here, some policies are wacked, everyplace is different, you would think policy would be the same way everyplace, all US Government Military, they need to be fixed. you can stay 14 days but if you want to extend you can't until the 14th day you can ask to stay longer, so you better have a back up plan. Gun policy at MacDill the best so far, register at Raccoon Creek and keep your guns with you. At Patrick AFB had to check them in the arms room no big problem, at Mayport a no/no for any weapons. I'm almost at retirement next year Dec 1st and waiting to get my long term stay at MacDill and will get a little more involved in the Park, I don't agree with the homestead comments it nice to have a place to go after retirement, Patrick AFB is renting housing to retirees again everyplace is different. I like the security staying on the base and one nice part of serving your country for twenty years. you don't get much but this is a plus.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or