3.9 104
Florida 211912
13 November 2014 - 12 February 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a very good facility, which could be great with a policy change. Since stays up to 6 months are allowed, from October to April it's not a campground, it's a home for snowbirds. To make a "reservation" a $100 deposit is required. We called on 13 November 2013, but did not have a confirmed reservation until a month before we left home. The last time we stayed here we arrived in December and didn't get confirmed until two weeks after we arrived. Many people abuse the system. They make reservations for October. They arrive and park their rig, then go back home until after Christmas or New Years. This allows them to get a confirmed reservation, pick a good site, and deny others the opportunity to do so. Reducing the stay limit to 4 months would fix that problem. Although the signs say the rest roooms/showers are closed for an hour and a half daily, the state of those facillities do not reflect that. I saw the same candy wrapper on the floor for 3 or 4 days. On many occasions there were no paper towels and at least one time there was no toilet paper. Wi-fi is spotty at best. IF you can connect it's not very speedy. There is a limit to the number of connections at each location and many who get connected never disconnect. They do offer Mi-Fi for $50 a month. I had my own Virgin Mobile Mi-Fi and service was lousy. They are tearing down the old office and building a new one. Hopefully they'll upgrade the Wi-Fi.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 17 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
March 10, 2015
I have been coming here 10 plus years and have not seen but one person park their RV and go home for a couple months. There are medical and family problems that do cause them to leave for extended periods. Some people do go home for a few days during the holidays. If you follow the reservation rules you may you may have move around a bit the first year, but it works pretty well after that. It is not the only place that allows 6 month stays. They have some very unreasonable rules that could be changed but this is not going to happen under current management or MWR base management operations.
1 results - showing 1 - 1