4.0 30
Florida 108032
Nov 2014-Feb 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Osprey Cove has lots of shade which is good in the hot months, but very hard to get a good satellite signal depending on your site. Need lots of trees trimmed/removed. Some of the sites are difficult to back into because of the location of trees. The camp hosts were great, always trying to come up with some activities. This is the long term campground for Mayport. It does fill up quickly and spots do not remain empty for long. The MWR manager and I had words because they told me that I had to leave a day earlier than I had planned, even though I paid for the whole month. Needless to say, I left even though she tried to mollify me and let me stay. Since I hope to stay here next winter, didn't want to burn any bridges. Sidewalks need repair as well as some of the street lights, but the base doesn't want to put any money into this park. It's behind housing, so some of the kids would walk through the park and tried to get into the club house and bathrooms. The camp hosts keep a good eye out for troublemakers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or