Florida 444015
Feb 16- May16, 2016
(Updated: May 01, 2016)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I'll echo some of the thoughts expressed in previous comments. The location of the Sigsbee campground is great, beautiful views, nice cool breeze, it's the perfect location. The price as well is pretty darn nice, you definitely won't beat it down here. The commissary and NEX are very close by, there is a gym, bath houses and laundry facilities. The statement about the bathroom facilities needing a facelift is accurate however as well as the statement about crappy roads. My issue comes primarily with management. The statement made about them seeming to "make up rules" seems spot on. I feel like they live to complain about every little thing and it's never about anything substantial but rather little things that no one else would bat an eye at. Such silly examples could include, car toward the front of your rig=move it or we'll fine you, Boat won't fit in the car wash and you wanna hose off your car/boat at the site for a few minutes=we'll fine you. Now please don't get me wrong, I have no issue following rules, I am in the military after all. I would also say if you are infringing in any way on anyone else's vacation then you need to reevaluate as well. However, if the "rules" don't seem to have any real basis and you're not bothering anyone then what is the big deal? This is supposed to be relaxing and the almighty MWR (that's a whole other issue,.....) should exist to make the service members life better, not bombard them with unnecessary/annoying rules and threaten to call security when asked to explain. Yes, that happened, I'm still waiting to see the instruction where it defines all of this. My friend and I were parking our second vehicles (we're PCSing and waiting on housing) in a small grassy area by my rig, we were forced to move them because it was deemed a "community area". Mind you there are no grills/tents/benches/tables or anything else that could make one think that was a hopping community spot. Additionally, the very small size of it made it's use as anything other than a parking spot highly unlikely. But logic aside that spot just has to be open for the "mythical" weekender that can't find a spot to hang out anywhere else on the acres of open land at  Sigsbee. That was about a month ago, what's has happened on that chunk of prime real estate since then? You guessed it, nothing, it has sat empty right next to my RV spot where I now have to cram my vehicles in. Overall this campground isn't terrible, as mentioned before it does have many nice attributes. But my 2 cents is that the campground community as a whole would benefit if management would calm down and save their thunder for when someone is really ruining the atmosphere.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or