4.5 114
Feb-Apr 2017
(Updated: April 12, 2017)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This park has a rat problem! A box with dead rats was discarded along the service road, and dead rats were in the grassy field by the park's entrance! This was very disturbing to say the least. That said, we have stayed here many times over the past two decades and never experienced this infestation in the past. The campground is rustic but acceptable. Rates are a bit high in comparison to other military parks, considering they have nothing on-site in the way of recreational amenities. Laundry and restrooms are clean and well-maintained.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 4

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 15, 2018
I was there for a while in January and left first week of February. Never saw a rat or any signs of the critter. Actually, Oak Grove is the only Military Campground we have used that has the facility to replenish Propane for our RV. At my age (70) I do not go out looking for recreational amenities. After 26+ years in the U.S. Navy the Museum provides all the recreational opportunities I need. Kick in the Lighthouse and no one can complain about the Amenities at this location.
1 results - showing 1 - 1