4.7 227
Florida 310538
Aug 13 - 15, 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Pelican Roost is our first of five MCG’s that we used the NAVY-wide online reservation system. What a great experience to check-in at PR, they expected us, and told us we could pick our site from the four that were vacant. I give credit to the Navy online system and Pelican Roost for the seamless coordination between a centralized system and “where the rubber meets the road”, Pelican Roost. We have been to Pelican Roost several times and have always enjoyed our stay. It is very easy to get awed with the sights of the St. John’s River water traffic and the near-by beach. There is no doubt that PR deserves a 5 in the ratings, they provide everything you would expect, and then some, at a MCG. For some strange reason, I developed a different perspective about PR as I was walking my dog in the large grass area across the street from Pelican Roost. I looked back across the street at the MCG and I didn’t see or feel anything special about the “curb-side appeal”. It just looked like a typical MCG that has aged, and maybe could use some cosmetic changes to embellish its appearance and improve the sites. Perhaps the individual sites, especially the front row, could use some upgrading. I thought about the front row sites at Cliffside MCG [NAS Whidbey Island, WA]. At Cliffside, all the sites are fantastic, but some of the front row sites are set for drive-in (utilities & view), while others are designed for back-ins (utilities & view), great concept. It [Cliffside] gave the appearance and facilities like a “resort”. Just food-for-thought after a “which side of the window’ syndrome experience. If only, Pelican Roost could do something about the rain, lighting, thunder, heat and humidity, they would deserve higher than a 5. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts