Review Detail

4.5 114
Nov 13-15, 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We spent three days/two nights at this campground. It was our first time. We loved this place! Imagine getting up and watching the sunrise on the sand with a cup of coffee or watching a spectacular sunset over the ocean. The access path to the sand was one campsite away from ours. The campground pluses included cleanliness of the sites and bathrooms; space of and between the sites; ease of hook-up for electric, water and sewage; and the professionalism and friendliness of the staff even when dealing with unreasonable campers (as we observed first hand while waiting to register). Don't expect to show up without a reservation for this military campground (or many others) and find a space for more than one night. Plan ahead! We made our reservations early enough that we were able to secure a site by the water. The campground needs to improve WiFi access. Having to use a computer in the community room is not acceptable. It was not accessible from our site even with a WiFi Ranger signal amplifier that we have installed in our trailer. We had to use our Smartphone as a hot spot. My recommendation is to install better WiFi in the campground so people can access email, websites, and, for some of us, work. As for activities, there is a community center for folks to get together and meet other campers. There is an air museum on site as well and a beautiful lighthouse. The NAS has the usual amenities as most other bases. The Pensacola area around this base has many restaurants, shops, and other attractions for both adults and kids. This is a campground that I would return to time and time again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 13, 2018
Cuban Mama,
The Mrs. and I carry a Verizon Modem to upgrade reception and security when we hit the road. WE stayed there early 2017 and the Modem enabled us full use of our computers and IPADs. We are registered for this October on one of the Water sites. You are right, it is a beautiful place. I will be walking down those paths and sitting on the beach drinking Coffee in the Morning and Evenings. Oak Grove and surrounding area has it all.
1 results - showing 1 - 1