4.2 50
Georgia 105756
April 13-17, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Had reservation for April 15-18. Our schedule allowed us to arrive two days early so I called and they were very accommodating to allow me to arrive early. Be careful with the directions to the park. Take exit 183 off of I-20 and go north. Once you turn left on SC Hwy 47W, the entrance is just past the convenience store/gas station on your right. The directions should say 8/10 and not .8 because we missed the decimal point and saw the entrance too late to make the turn. Had to go several miles to find a turn around. Also, once you enter the park, there is no signs to the lodge. Just follow the sign to the beach and it will take you past the lodge. Plenty of parking at the lodge to register. This park has lots of trees so I wanted to have a site that I could get satellite service. Upon my arrival they gave me a list of sites that were available for my time period so we drove around and found one that would work. Even though the park is some distance from any town, we were able to get antenna TV service from Augusta. Many sites had RVs that were not occupied and other RVs that were park rentals. They must allow sponsored guest because our neighbor and four other sites were guest of the same military member. I know this brings in revenue for the park but they had some of the better sites. There is a small camp store at the lodge for any basics that you might have forgotten. They will give a refund if you decide to leave early. Good Wi-Fi service at the lodge only. Good Verizon service in the park for phone and internet. Don’t forget to ask for the retired/senior discount – instead of $18/night you pay $12/night. What a deal! Would definitely stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or