4.3 79
Kentucky 124929
Sept 10 - 24, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Wife and I stopped for a week and ended up staying for two. The Famcamp is kept very tidy and the bathhouse is kept very clean everyday. The hosts that take over after business hours were awesome. One of them actually rode around tending to ice and firewood for the campers with campsite delivery. There's a beautiful lake area (Lake Carlson) for fishing. There's even a trail around the backside of the lake for a great early evening walk with your dog. Only problem I found and it has nothing to do with the "FamCamp" was the trash thrown everywhere around the lake by the fisherman. There was trash cans everywhere and they are checked and changed daily, yet fisherman would throw their cans, bottles, fishing line, dirty diapers wherever they fished. It was so bad, my wife and I on our nightly walks, filled a total of 5 trash bags...this is how I know the trash cans were changed daily. New hours, they close at 15:30 M-T-T-F closed wed,S-S. See camp host if closed. They have WiFi, you get a code from office or host, its slow but works for social media.
RT
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or