Review Detail

3.1 25
11-15 May 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Was not planning to stay here but primary campgrounds in KY was unacceptable.  So, due to my own fault I did not catch that there are TWO campgrounds located closely.  Eagles Nest appears to be an older, smaller campgrounds best suited for smaller trailers and pop-ups.  Fletchers Fork appears to be newer, pull-throughs, paved full hookup sites.  Eagles Nest is the first campgrounds you come to so we turned in there.  Our fifth wheel is 42 ft long and we did find one available site (#10) we could get it into and level it, so we did.  Full hook-up and was even able to sneak Directv signal through the trees.  We checked in after the office was closed (1630 hrs) so we checked in the next morning and was offered a better site at Fletchers Fork but we declined.  Personnel were helpful.  The sites were OK, needing some gravel and attention.  Overall, is a good campground, not great.  I would use again, but would head for Fletcher's Fork with the size of out rig.  OBTW, the person I spoke with said the 9 ton limit sign to get to Fletcher's Fork is not accurate and is to deter military vehicles from crossing.  If that is indeed the case they need to post the actual weight limit and deal with the tactical vehicles by other means.  Just a suggestion.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or