• Page:

TOPIC: New England fall Trip

New England fall Trip 6 months 2 weeks ago #15870

• JJnLilly
  • JJnLilly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Beginning to plan a fall 2017 trip through the New England states from NE Ohio. Looking for any suggestions as to routes, what to see, what to avoid and where to stay. Travelling in a 34' fifth wheel and may have a non-military unit travelling with us.

At this point looking at leaving sometime before Labor and and spending 3-4 weeks on the road.

Thanks

New England fall Trip 6 months 2 weeks ago #15871

• monkey44
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 94
Old Sturbridge Village and Plimoth Plantation ... great historical villages, very true to life in the early years of our country.

Hanscomb Air Base has a great MCG (and commissary) - and it seems they've done some upgrades to the campground since we were last there. IT's always been a bit more like Camping than like RV'ing ... but we always enjoyed it.

New England fall Trip 6 months 2 weeks ago #15878

• floridakamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
As for what to avoid, I'd put "Stink Bugs" at the top of the list. A number of years ago they became a problem for us on our fall trips up the east coast. October is a particularly bad month.

New England fall Trip 6 months 4 days ago #15918

• Sandman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Check the Mass Pike website.. they were closing their toll booths and going to EZ-Pass and other forms of billing.. Mass Pike is one of the more reasonable toll roads..

Cross the Hudson at I-84, Newbergh or North.. Tappen Zee or GW are about $30.00 ? $80.00 (YES $80!)..

I-84 at the Deleware River.. Pennsylvania - New York... Immediately inside New York is Exit #1 Port Jarvis.. to the left, at the bottom of the exit ramp X100 yards is New Jersey.. Diesel prices can drop $0.30 a gallon in that 100 yards.. Five or so big Diesel stations and fast food.. In the rear truck "pits" of the Valero Station.. wish the old Sikh guy "Namaste" (nah-miss-stay), he will wash your windshied!

Check Round Pond at USMA, West Point.. they should allow a guest (openion, from what I've seen there).. if you do stop at West Point.. The "O" club has an "all hands" lunch buffet.. Million $$$ view from the club.. park by the river and there is a stairway up to the "O" club..
Last Edit: by Sandman.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds