4.4 95
Louisiana 117040
March 3 - 11, 2011
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is not a campground or rv park and really shouldn't be listed here. It is a residential trailer park. There are 68 spaces and 67 are occupied, they would not rent the empty space on a temporary basis. On advice of residents I left my rig for a week unattended on base in the parking lot of an office building across the street from the park while I stayed in New Orleans. When I returned I stayed there one night and in the empty park space one night (the MWR office responsible for the trailer park is closed on Weds and Thurs - I pulled in on Thurs and out Fri without talking to anyone). There were no problems from leaving the rig or borrowing the spot for a night. Construction has begun on a new rv campground for those passing through the New Orleans area with completion expected around the end of September. They are still rebuilding from Katrina, the exchange and commissary are brand new; as was the parking lot I stayed on. I arrived on Thurs when the office was closed but I spoke with several residents and MWR employees. Everyone was friendly and helpful. There are no amenities for campers but the value was great, 8 nights of parking at no charge. The base is reasonably close to New Orleans, you can park a car for the day somewhere at Algers Point and take the free ferry to Jackson Square. All in all, a good experience for me, perhaps I was just lucky though.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or