Louisiana 117182
Dec 24 - 27, 2011
(Updated: December 26, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Brand new 45 site park with FHU opened 22 Dec 2011. They have a few bugs to work out. Bring your surge protector/polarity tester. I didn't have one and it cost me a microwave, alarm clock and kitchen light bulb. Only 2 spaces are pull thru. Each site has a nice, lighted pedestal for power and water. Campground has a pavilion with bathrooms and laundry facility. No picnic tables or fire rings at the sites. No camp host. On base road construction is happening and makes getting to the CG a little difficult, but not too bad. Finding the Outdoor Adventure building (143) is much more of an issue...even for a small base. If you don't have a base sticker, you will need to get a pass at the main gate, so have your DL, mil ID and vehicle reg/ins info handy. Dogs barked all night every night we were there. Could have been SP dogs, could have been an off base neighbor. DW was kept awake by them, I wasn't. Dump station available. Road to the base (Rt 23, I think) is a bit rough. NEX, Commissary, etc are available. ITT closed Sun and Mon. Outdoor Adventure closed Wed and Thurs. I made a reservation with them over the phone. Pets allowed though no designated dog walk area yet. Clean up after your pets and hopefully there will be no problems.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts