3.8 86
Maryland 123948
3 May 2019 to 8 May 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

An embarrassment to the Presidential Flagship Base. Made reservations 4 months out and was required to call back every month after that and two weeks before we arrived. Once you find the place, look at the golf field and the buildings around it then the camp ground. Big difference, It is run down and very poorly kept. The sign directing you to the famcamp is an older sign with family camp ground. Looking down the road you could not see any trailers or the camp ground itself. The lady working that day did give a lot of information about the local area, and gave two metro passes to use, just give them back before you leave. The metro cards had very little money on them, so we put more on and turned them in with a lot more on them. I suggest buy your own at the station. All the reviews about the sights were correct. Due to the rain the area was swampy most of our stay. The amenities listed are not all at the camp ground. The bathroom/showers area need a lot of updating, shower walls are old, not very clean and yellowish in color. A lot of warning signs posted all over the place. We left a day early and informed the staff 24 hrs prior, and was not given the one day refund. I did get the run around from staff. I guess she needed the money more. During our time there, I observed three different persons working the place, and directed to another camp sight if I needed anything after hours. Out of the 18 pad sights, 4 had long term campers placed 3-4 months, one over a year (the assistant). I've never seen a place run that bad on a military base. It was a good location to see the DC sights. Would I go back, No. Check with the other RV sights and other bases.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or