3.8 35
Massachusetts 56087
June 3-5, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First time here. Had a wonderful time! The easiest way to get there is to utilize I-90, Mass. Pike as is suggested. Suggest strongly NOT to enter at the northern gate - barriers! Getting to the FamCamp isn't too difficult. I'll try to upload a scanned map to the Webmaster for inclusion. Sites 1-15 are mostly shady. 16-20 are mostly sunny until late afternoon. Westover Club (combined O & E) shown on the map does have wireless (need info to access; ask at the Club) but is difficult to receive at the FamCamp. Best chances would be at Sites 6, 8, 10, & 12. Those same sites appear to have units that have been there an extended time (14 days at a time). Sites 8, 10, 12, & 16-20 would have the best chance for satellite TV reception. Fairly short cement pads, but not a problem for our 25 foot trailer. A bit of noise from C-5s flying approaches or running engines, but they stopped flying at 10 p.m. on the one night they were flying while we were there. Very friendly & helpful staff. Clean bathrooms/showers and laundry. You can rent canoes, tents, RV trailers, and other items at the Services Office at the FamCamp where you check in. Good food at the club - some nights buffet, some nights menu. Good value for what you get. I will definitely stay here again if I get the chance. ---- Additional information: I have uploaded a map of Westover ARB in the Files section of this web site. It might help if you download it, print it out, and have the guard at the gate show you the route to get to the FamCamp. Also, the Gas Station is only usable if it is open. You must have your ID checked before you are allowed to purchase fuel. Arnie Johnson
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts