3.3 41
Michigan 68535
Sept. 8th, 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Arrived without a reservation but it was late in their season (they close in 2 weeks). Plenty of open sites. The hosts were very nice. Cable TV was nice to have and worked fine. Too many trees for us to get satellite TV. WiFi also worked "okay", but our Verizon was much faster. The campground is slightly rustic and in dire need of a good clean-up, maintrnance and enforcement of rules. They allow "seasonal" campers (about 5 months). Their sites all look trashy with decks, fences, extended sites into the forest, junk all over, etc. I don't object to the seasonal rates, but the campers should be required to keep their sites cleaned up. When the seasonal campers leave, some appear to leave their RV on site all winter. Many leave concrete blocks, pallets, and other junk on their site during the winter. The site we were assigned to had much of this junk in it. Sites should be cleaned out and empty for the next camper. I think the seasonal campers think they own that site. The bath house was recently painted and slightly renovated. But it's old and shows it's age. However, it was (mostly) clean. There is a laundromat available near the NCO Club on post. Very old, very dirty and not taken care of. But it was free and most of the machines worked (although very trashed). The lake with a small beach is a short walk from the campground. There's also a very small exchange on post, mainly stocked with items and snacks for the troops in training. Despite the negatives I've stated, it's a nice place to visit. The rates are perfect for what you're getting and it's location. Reservations are highly recommended for the summer.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or