4.5 208
Nevada 195719
November 24 - December 1, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This used to be a GREAT park. It has steadily gone down hill over the years. About 2 years ago, they raised their prices by a dollar per night to provide better wifi. The current wifi SUCKS! If one can log into it, it comes and goes - and I am parked right next to an antenna. I have been complaining about the wifi for 2 years and have not heard anything in response - thus the low overall experience and value scores. The staff (workers, not managers) are FANTASTIC. One gentleman was ashamed to put my coach into a non-full hookup site. I was offered a full hookup after 4 days, but did not want to pick everything to move - I would guess most of the hosts have NEVER had to move a rig after several days staying in one spot. The restrooms were great (in 1950). But now they are at the bottom of the barrel. Concrete floors, no heat and the walls are only 3/4 height walls and when the door gets opened those taking a shower are able to be seen by everyone outside the building. At one time they were going to expand the full hookup service in this park - WHAT HAPPENED?? The employees take one whole wheel, then the long term folks take up two whole wheels, that leaves only one wheel for those staying a month or less. Not conducive to frequent traveling. Current park users are also getting lazy about picking up after their pets. I have picked up more poop than can be generated by 4 dogs, but I do want to travel with my "babies" so I keep cleaning up after the lazy folks. Not sure where the PCS folks stay, I see very few of them. My rig opens directly on the road, can't use my awning, cars and trucks continually go by faster than the posted speed limit and the dust stirred up by those vehicles is constantly in the air. So much for asthmatics. There is no control of any of the given park rules other than the number of pets allowed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 5

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
December 01, 2014
As a former host, I must correct some of the comments above. First, the Hosts do not assign the sites unless a guest arrives without a reservation. The fulltime NAF employees assign the sites. Second, Hosts do know about moving rigs as they have moved themselves also. Again, control of sites is handled by management NOT THE HOSTS. The base FSS squadron controls the expansion plans for the park. Hosts have no control over that nor does the RV park manager. This complaint should be sent to the Base Commander.
January 24, 2015
Also the employees DO NOT take up one whole wheel. Two employees are in wheel #1, five employees in wheel #2, two employees in wheel #3 and one employee in wheel #4. All wheel have 28 spaces.
August 03, 2015
Anyone can complain if they try hard enough. Granted,the WIFI could be better, but most computers/laptops do not have decent wifi adapters. 2 years with a piece of crap you buy off the shelf, you get what you pay for. That includes Dell and Apple and all the rest of the "name brand" computers. Invest in an inexpensive external adapter. Not only will you computer work at Desert Eagle, but even in airports. The bathrooms in the old section are old, but fully functional. The bathrooms in circle two are much newer and much nicer. As for availability, Desert Eagle RV Park is to my knowledge, the only military RV Park that caters to snowbirds. In that light, frequent travelers must expect than the long termers. All of the hosts go through the same wait list precedence as every one else. They do not take up every wheel, they are integrated into every one of the wheels just like you. PCS folks stay in the Park as well, and follow the same rules. As a NAF entity, the Park is very low on the totem pole, yet the expansion is still on schedule, approved by congress every year, then they or the Base Commander, reallocate the funds. If one is an asthmatic, then the Dust Bowl of Las Vegas is not the place to plan a stay. The truth is, you simply do not have your facts straight and in you case, it is evident the elevator does not go all the way to the top. You should hang your head in shame and you would do all military RVers a real favor if you stayed at Sam's Town on your way through LV. They cater to short term campers. Bleah!
3 results - showing 1 - 3