Review Detail

3.8 9
Summers of 2001 to 2004, and 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We've camped at Sea Girt for a few summers and look forward to coming back. The RV sites are situated along a saltwater inlet, where there is a dock for fishing and crabbing. We haven't fished, but we always catch bluecrabs for dinner. Each site has a charcoal grill and a long picnic table w/ heavy-duty plastic slats. In the middle of the row of RV sites is a bath house w/ 3 outdoor and 1 indoor shower per gender and 4 or 5 toilet stalls. The only reason I give cleanliness a 4 out of 5 stars is because the bath house isn't as clean as it used to be. It was a brand new building when we started camping here, so I notice the difference each year. Keep in mind, too, that the bath house is shared by campers and beach patrons. The beach is within walking distance from the sites, about half a mile. There is also parking at the beach if you choose to drive. Beach access is FREE and open only to military ID holders and their guests, so it is not expensive and overly crowded like most NJ beaches. There is a playground near the bath house and a little military museum at one end of the RV sites. There is a motorcycle training field across the street from the RV sites. You may hear the engines during the day, but its not too loud. And sometimes, because this is an active police academy and guard training facility, you will sometimes see and hear the cadets running or marching past the sites. There are plenty of grocery stores, shopping malls, restaurants, and businesses just outside the gate in the adjacent town of Manasquan. Nearby attractions: 10 mins to Point Pleasant Boardwalk (rides, arcades, aquarium, restaurants)
30 mins to Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park; 30 mins to Jackson Premium Outlets Shopping Center; 1 hr 10 mins to New York City (NJ Transit train to NYC also available nearby); 1 hr 30 mins to Philadelphia; 1 hr 30 mins to Atlantic City. I hope you found this helpful!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or