2.9 15
New Jersey 35615
June 28 - July 8, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

It's a strange campground. It's right on the rifle range which is only used a couple of days a week but it's small and mostly out in the hot sun. The trees are directly BEHIND the campsites. There is no sewage, but you can dump at Willow Pond campground, a few miles away, which is DEFINITELY the better one. There is a porta potty in the middle of the campsites (there are 12 sites in all) and a shower house and restrooms a short walk through the woods. Shower house (1 shower only) is unisex but it is lockable. No shower curtain and saw quite a few bugs. Wasn't very pleasant. No one checks anything at this campground so everyone just kind of does their thing. We even saw a grey wastewater hose laying in a drainage ditch behind the trailers. There are only two water pipes (between 2-3 and 8-9), so everyone shares those. Lots of water spigots on each pipe, but the farther you are away from those sites, the longer hose you'll need. There are no laundry facilities at the campground. I didn't notice any campsites being small. They all looked the same size to me. They're all back-in and you have plenty of room to navigate in. They are all on grass. There are no picnic tables or grills. Pets are allowed and we saw two of them running loose (with the owner present). There is a nice commissary and BX/PX that is shared by the Maguire AFB adjoining Ft Dix. There is only 20 and 30 amp electric but we ran our A/C and fans, lights and TV with no difficulty. There is no cable but we got 9 channels (not too clear, though). The people in the MWR office are not particularly knowledgeable or even that helpful. They gave us a choice of sites, but one that they gave us was already taken and they knew nothing about it when I called.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts