2.9 15
New Jersey 35653
26 May through 2 June and 9 – 17 June 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I was not familiar with the post so I elected to take a route around the post. The address I entered into my GPS was 9060 Cookstown-Browns Mills Road, Ft Dix 08640. Not bad routing with a few low hanging tree branches, but still high enough to not cause any damage to my rig. The route I used was from the NJ Turnpike exit #5 to Burlington-Mount Holly Rd (CR 541S), left onto Woodland Rd (CR630), left onto Monmouth Rd (CR 537), right onto Jacobstown-Cookstown Rd (CR665), right onto Main St (CR616), straight through to Cookstown-Browns Mills Rd (CR 667). Follow the road for a few miles and you will see the Range 14 sign on your left (Also a Paint Ball Course sign). Turn left at the Range 14 sign, after the stop sign the entrance road to the RV park will be the first street on the left (narrow road through the tree line). The Outdoor Rec office is at 6045 Doughboy Loop, Joint Base McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst, NJ 08640. The Outdoor Rec staff where friendly and professional. The campsite is primitive, but we enjoyed our stay well enough to go back for a second week. You are on the skeet range, but the gun noise was not bad and on weekdays it normally did not start until the afternoon. Each site was set up differently, some had the water, electric and sewer on one side of the vehicle some on the other, and some had them split between two sides. I could not find a laundry facility on the post and was directed off post by Outdoor Rec personnel. PX and Commissary were good. We did find a Camping World in Lakewood, NJ about 23 miles away. Enroute to Camping World we found a great Bar and Bistro, Three B’s in Lakehurst. Lots of good places to eat in the local area to include Sebastian’s Schnitzelhaus and Yordana’s Pizza & Pasta both were really good. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or