4.1 61
New Mexico 80618
Aug 18-22, 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stayed at White Sands during this period. There are 8 full hookup spots looking right at the Organ Mountains. It is very beautiful and peaceful...quiet. The base was in a bit of a "down" time while we were there so limited hours on the commissary, etc. This base is pretty far from a lot of things but worth the drive. We also found services to be good as our tow car died and we had to have someone get on base to get it to a repair shop in Las Cruces. No problem. I was surprised as how quickly they got there and were able to get on post. The wrong address was on my notes for checking in to Outdoor rec, but they are within eyesight of the campground. It was very hot there in August but this was a great place to use to explore the area...a bit of a drive to things but that's New Mexico. The only wonky thing was the shower set up here. It was in a separate building a few steps from where the campers were parked but the shower was small, kinda creepy and not ventilated. I've been in much worse so no problem but be aware. I actually really loved staying here and would do it again. It was worth the drive to be in the area and to see White Sands. The fee, $10 a night for full hookups, can't be beat. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts