4.0 188
New Mexico 152565
14 Sep 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Arrived after dark and drove around the park once before I found the Camp Host who sat watching me from his window. Jack Neal, the host, was busy watching TV, and simply yelled out the window rather than getting up and coming outside. I inquired if he was the host and whether any were slots open, - he called to his wife who said yes, 22 and 23 were open. I asked where to obtain the user package and payment folder and was directed to the office which was closed. No payment folders were available so I simply wrote my name and pertinent info on the back of a local map, folded it with the money inside and deposited it in the receptical provided. I asked if there was a combination for the showers and laundry, = he called out the combination. I located the open slots, which were 21 and 22, (Thank goodness the shower combination was correct). I purchased a 'USAF frequent camper' subscription and have stayed in 12 USAF Fam-camps this summer. All were great, with this one exception. When a 'host' is too pre-occupied with his TV program to provide the service he is being paid for, - maybe they should find other employment? Dumpsters were full, - 'wi-fi' not operating, was told by another camper that the washers and dryers might not be working. Plans to expand this facility might be of questionable profitability? I'll admit my 2006 Lance slide-in camper sitting on a 2006 1 ton diesel isn't awfully impressive, but I feel entitled to the same cordiality I'd expect to give others. Mary the day host, was quite personable, but displayed little surprise or concern in regards to the perceived shortcomings.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or