Review Detail

3.8 40
29 June - 8 July 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed here for 10 nights. We considered this a good location to take in the sights of upstate New York, the Adirondacks and the Thousand Island area. Be warned - the reservation process is a bit of a nightmare. Apparently, the computer system double books or drops reservations. My reserved spot was occupied so I had to park in another spot and move the next day. The "campground office" is not occupied yet even though the building is nice. Showers are clean, laundry facilities include 2 washers and 2 dryers (no dollar bill changer - had to go to the post car wash for quarters. There is still no Wi-Fi and no current plans to put it in. Likewise with cable. I guess we were lucky - the post did not have copters flying the whole time we were there. Diesel fuel has to be purchased off base at $4.299 per gallon. By the way, the MWR is called "parks and recreation" and is located by the Firestone store. Post maps are available at the library (none at the parks office). With some organization on the part of MWR, this could have been a much better experience.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or