North Carolina 160685
June 8 - June 15, 2012
(Updated: June 25, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was my first stay at Fort Fisher and I was really impressed! I stayed in the RV area. All concrete pads, reliable electric, clean bathhouse, and pretty well maintained, considering the campground was full the whole week I was here. I had 4 of my grandchildren with me for the week and they loved it. Plenty of things for them to do, both on and off base, and the youngest ones made a bunch of friends at the other campers. I had to count the kids at the end of the day to make sure they weren't sneaking in any extras...LOL There were some negatives though. All the water lines on base are being replaced, and there's a lot of digging going on. The replacement is completed in the RV campground, but is ongoing around the rest of the base. We were informed by the staff that this was going on, and that there might be short times where the water was cut off to allow the work to proceed. We didn't have any water outages in the RV campground while we were there, but they were working mainly at the front of the base where the rental units are. Speaking of which, I see by the reviews before mine that there were several people who were upset about the conditions of the units. While I can certainly understand that, considering the age of the units (World War II era housing), if anybody reads the reviews of Fort Fisher on this website it shouldn't be a surprise that the units are substandard. It's been reported for the last couple of years that they will be torn down after the season this year, and obviously nothing was being improved on them.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts