4.8 54
North Carolina 64098
April 8-12, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The camp host took my reservation and the office called and confirmed it. Campground was fairly easy to find and all the gates recognized my Homeland Security decal on the vehicles. The park is still very stark looking with just a small cherry tree at each site and no other landscaping. Lawn is mostly weeds mowed very short. Sites are about 45' wide, one after another. Wish there were some shrubbery between. Brand new post for utilities with two hangers for cords. Excellent power and water pressure. But not even a picnic table. There's a nice community room with TV and a good laundry room. Four picnic tables sit in the middle of one loop. Restrooms/showers are individual but gender-assigned with three each. I can't praise them enough. Everything was functional and spotless. Is there a reason the dumpster was outside the park on the road? Nor were there any recycle containers. $25/night is too high for April and October. It's not a prime location, although the coast and historic sites were within driving distance. I see little reason for a checkout of 1100 - it's not like they have to clean the site or rake the concrete. The manager was looking forward to improvements and expansion.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or