4.0 95
North Carolina 160239
April 24, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Here is the GOOD. Location is ideal to the beach. Two or Three minute drive. Kure Beach is lovely and quiet. Picture perfect for those seeking peace and tranquility. Camping locations are descent however little shade. You can rent golf carts for $20.00 a 24hour period. Inside the rental building is tiny gift shop. If you are using a Tent there appeared to be plenty of shade for those folks. There is also a pool AND a beautiful dock area reaching out into the Cape River. Views from the dock at sunset are very nice. The not so good. Ladies Bath House very small and not clean. We rented a mobile home as our friends used their travel trailers. So we had a mix of tent users, travel trailer users and mobile home renters. Our mobile home good points AC- I must say worked GREAT. A full size12 cup coffee pot was a must and well used every morning. Bring your own coffee filters. They had very old and over used pans (we brought our own frying pans) ample coffee cups and 8 plates were in the home. There is also a small grill to use. There is for guests use inside the mobile home a washer and dryer. Yes it was loud but I was thankful to have it, so I did not pay any attention to the noise. Bring your own folding chairs if you plan on sitting outside unless you don't mind sitting on the deck. The decks are in need of repair and we did get splinters. Inside: The carpets are awful and in serious need of being removed. Black stains, stains from bleaching to remove some stains. As the first thing you see when you walk in left me wondering how dirty everything will be. The sofa and love seat appeared to be as dirty as the carpet. Large bathroom area off the Master bedroom but the tube/shower combo was very small. Queen size bed was ok. Dressers had broken handles which is unnecessary if housekeeping is inspecting each unit. Second Bathroom down the hallway off of the two other bedrooms. Double beds in them. These units have 1980 mini blinds that are broken and do not keep sun out so you may want to bring eye masks unless you want to be wide awake at sunrise. We carry them with us for every trip we take. The cost of the mobile home does not match the product. If we would have paid $60.00 per night in spring I would have been semi ok with it. The unit was just too dirty and the quality of furnishings were awful. Sorry I would have much rather reported clean sleeping facilities but I can not. The location saved the day and the company we visited with. Fort Fisher Recreation /Beach is a diamond but demolish the mobile homes OR fix them up. Great for RV, tent and Travel Trailers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or