Review Detail

3.8 156
June 22 - July 9, 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife and I stayed at Wright – Patterson AFB FamCamp. The grounds were clean, we had a nice spot and the folks were real nice. As retired military we have had the opportunity to stay in many FamCamps. As Air Force camp grounds go it is certainly one of the best if not the best. A lot of that credit is directly attributed to the Camp Hosts, Vickie, Larry, and Nick who never stop trying to make your stay the best possible experience. We checked in on June 22nd and stayed until July 9th. When I called to make my reservation, I was nicely greeted by Vickie who spent a good amount of time on the phone with me to accommodate our needs and though a full hookup was not available at the time of our arrival she worked with me to move to full hookups eothin3 Days. We arrived and immediately noticed how well the grounds were kept; Vickie and Larry met us upon arrival and showed us where to park (loved the personal touch), the grounds were clean, neat, and mowed constantly. Over the two weeks we enjoyed the stay. Over July 4th, there was a super celebration planned with all the fixin’s. Vickie and Larry worked real hard to see that everybody had a great time! It was clear that they both took great pride in the celebration and all the preparations. All along Vickie and Larry along with Tony and Nick were constantly cleaning and mowing and painting. Vickie was always present; checking on people, meeting needs and always making sure all was as it should be. Her constant visibility and availability to each of us is a welcomed experience. Because of Vickie and Larry, we will be back to Wright – Patterson AFB FamCamp. We really appreciated their personal touches and attention to ALL the details. Heads up on gate access and closures - do not follow your GPS. Instead route yourself to Gate 12A from 675. Gate 26A is closed. A new gate is being constructed about a mile further on Route 235, not sure when it will open. We entered through gate 12A and followed Spruce Way to Skeel Ave. Skeel follows the flight line so turn toward the right from Spruce Way then take the left at the “Y” in the road. Follow Skeel around the airfield, it will become Loop Rd, after passing the closed gate (Gate 26) take the right at the “Y” intersection. Follow this road until you pass the brown sign on the left. The next left is the FamCamp. Woody & Karen Gray
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or