Review Detail

3.5 38
April 30-May 3, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife and I spent 3 nights at LETRA. The cost was $20 then up to $22 for a total of $64. Which is still a good deal. However, our GPS (Google Maps) tried to take us in the back way to Fort Sill, through Apache Gate on Hwy 49. The gate was closed and after speaking to the security guard at Key Gate West, that gate has been closed for many years. My advice is to call the campground (580-442-5854) before you go to make sure the gate is open or closed. Driving through Main Post added another 30-45 minutes to our drive. The Fort Sill website says Apache Gate is open Memorial Day through Labor Day sill-www.army.mill/ADASchool/gatehrs.html We were there prior to Memorial Day. The cable was fine but I wish the WiFi worked just a bit better in the campground. I had terrible phone service through Sprint but did have 3g. The wind was not enjoyable but the walk and the view certainly were. The Showers could use just a bit of upgrading but other than that the facilities were nice and the next time we're back in the Fort Sill area we will be staying at LETRA, if there is room. Its a good value.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or