4.3 15
Oklahoma 37810
July 16-19 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

When you arrive by way of SR 69, be sure to take the road to the right designated as the "Truck Entrance". You will have much difficulty navigating the multi-lane auto entrance. We were told to proceed about 1 1/2 miles and turn in at the sign "Murphy's Meadow". No sign either direction. We should have turned one street before the large headquarters building. Instead, we wound around the narrow housing area until we could turn around. Maybe they'll put up a sign soon. There are now 17 RV sites on concrete, each with cement conglomerate tables and b-b-que grills. In spite of what the text says, there are 6 W/50a/sewer and 6 W/50a/no sewer. There are 2 with W/30a/sewer, and 3 with W/30a/no sewer. There are NO grass sites available, but it may be possible to pitch a tent at some places around the lake edge. The price is still 12$ for any RV site, but 25% off for Golden Age, with came to $10.50 a night. We drove around the cabin area, and they are really, really nice looking, large duplex cabins if that's your thing. On our first late afternoon stroll around the site area, we saw 5 deer and one tiny fawn, a gaggle of Canadian geese, 5 wild turkeys, a turtle, a racoon, red squirrels, an egret and a blue heron. Of course plenty of the normal life of robins, fly catchers, crows. We found the laundry to be pretty clean, but the restrooms and the separate shower building were not very clean. Bugs and spiders that haven't been swept out since the end of last years deer hunter invasion. The facilities are nice, just ill-kept. There is a large brick bar-b-que and several nice sized shelters with tables. The campground was vacant the first day (Thursday), but on Friday a trailer came in. Our last day will be tomorrow, a Saturday which might bring in more people. It's very quiet here and an abundance of huge shade trees. The trees could be problematic for high rigs since they are not well trimmed. I had to lop off a pine limb that was touching my RV. Several sites here I simply couldn't have used at all because of the limbs. The lake is really full right now, and there is a catch and release program, though we saw nobody fishing. Overall experience was pleasant. I have photos to attach of each site and some of the facilities. Maybe I can figure out how to do that! If this camp is on our route, we would come back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or