Featured
Oregon 166519
June 21-July 3, 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great post! We had no problem making reservations and access to and driving on the post is very easy. The entire staff is very pleasant and make sure to take care of every detail. The post is tidy, mowed, quiet and very clean. It's very obvious the Oregon Army National Guard takes a lot of pride in the facility. The post has a beautiful laundry too. You pay $5.00 for the Door Entry Card and from there everything is free. As others have mentioned, the RV Park is along the side of a large paved parking area. There are no picnic tables and the sites are a bit tight. Sites are divided by painted lines, are about 20 feet wide and easily 75 feet deep. Plenty of room for the largest rigs. There is no CATV as this site states. It may have been discontinued sometime in the past. The smaller Exchange is reasonably good for such a small post carrying snacks, various drinks, cigarettes, and general household products. If you need anything more there’s a new Walmart Supercenter about 1.2 miles north on 101. It’s so new, it’s not yet on Google Maps. Don’t miss the Friday and Saturday night Prime Rib dinner with Salad Bar at the Port Light Cafe on post. It’s fabulous for $17.95. If you want to use DISH Satellite TV, it works well on Sites 6 to 10 as Sites 1 to 5 are blocked by trees. You may want to keep this in mind when making reservations. Getting to the beach is easy too. You could stop by Range Control and get a pass to drive your vehicle on the range roads and park about 500 feet from the beach. OR, you could exit the post and drive 1.5 miles south taking a right onto Sunset Beach Rd. With this you can drive straight onto the hard-packed sandy beach and easily drive a few miles in either direction. For those wanting to do some fishing, there's a fresh water lake on post, a few minutes drive from the RV park. Though I didn’t have a pole, a neighbor of mine brought me three large trout last night. He used night crawlers bought fresh from Walmart. We will definitely stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or