South Carolina 96454
Oct 2nd - 15th, 2010
(Updated: October 19, 2010)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have to agree with one of the previous comments. This site needs supervision. I think it is quite far from the main campus. When we arrived the people next to us were using the site for boating & shrimping. They were really nice, but since they were cleaning the shrimp, it was really stinky until they got rid of their garbage. We had a horrible time getting cell service (verizon) or internet, using our own wireless card. They need to put some kind of emergency contact equipment out there. If you had a heart attack you'd be dead before you could get help. We didn't use the showers, but I looked in & they looked very nice. No one knows where the trash is, so they should make a point of telling you when you check in, or put up a sign. It was great watching the recruits in training & we even went to a graduation. My husband went thru training there 45 years ago so it brought back a lot of memories for him. We went to the Museum which was very interesting & ate at the Legends restaurant one night. It was very good. The commissary & NEX are very nice & the fitness center & the people running it were great. We were able to get to Savannah in an hour, Hilton Head in 45 minutes, so it's a good location.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or