3.8 48
Tennessee 123197
June - August 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This campground is in need of some TLC. The Outdoor Rec. crew of three are responsible for the upkeep and do the best they can from what I have seen. There is no host and no workampers something that would help. This is a quiet and beautiful location on the lake. The sites are level to slightly sloped, and with good spacing between them. They have a nice dock with 6 slips if you have a boat. The bath house is clean but does need some repair. They have one washer and dryer attached to the old bath house which also needs some repair. They have a 28 day stay limit which you can extend. The week ends are the busiest since they let the contractors on base use this campground. This helps with the income. There is only 70-80 active duty stationed on this base. The Commissary (Tuesday – Saturday) is small but has everything you need. The BX is about the size of a Shoppette (open same as Commissary) but has the essentials. Tullahoma or Manchester TN is about 12 miles away. They both have Wal-Mart’s and shopping centers. Things to do on Base: 9 hole golf course (Tuesday and Thursday $10.00 all you can golf). Club open on Thursday 5-8, Friday 5-9 and Saturday 6-9, nice new lodge $39.00-$52.00. Auto Shop (appointment only) Equipment Rental (Tents Tables etc) Small Cabins on the lake. Boat and Pontoon Rentals ($2.00 - $20.00 per hour)(Short Boating Class required) Free New Release Movies at club on Thursday nights. Things to do in the Area: Chattanooga 1.5 hours away. Look Out Mountain, Raccoon Caverns, Ruby Falls, Aquarium, Chickamauga Battlefield etc. Nashville 1.5 hours Away Country Music Hall of Fame, Parthenon, The Hermitage etc. Locally Jack Daniels Distillery, George Dickel Distillery, Civil Wars battlefields. The Campground is a good base camp to relax after a day of site seeing. The Map gives site lengths. I have a 38 foot 5th. wheel and have plenty of room. Most sites have plenty of room behind them to accommodate any size rigs. I have had no problems with a portable Sat. dish. Good local TV from Huntsville Al. Huntsville Space Center is also a nice day trip.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or