2.4 10
Texas 37634
July 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I did not stay here; I just drove through checking it out. The spaces are very far apart, so you do get your privacy, which is a plus for me. It did not appear to be trashy, just old and run down a bit. But it did appear livable. The base is a mixture of military (very few) and civilian (mostly). There are guards at the gate, so you do need to show ID. It appears there is military housing on this base, though I am not 100% sure. Right outside the Base, is a fairly good size shopping center, so you can get whatever is that you need; WalMart is right outside the gate, as well as fast-food facilities, pet stores, and shopping. The guard at the gate was very helpful, in giving me directions out to the FamCamp. It is out of the way, on the perimeter of the base, but secluded and quiet. The pond that is catch & release for fishing, looks to me to be not very healthy. I don't think I would fish there, even it is catch & release only; I wonder why it is designated as "catch & release?" I would probably stay here for an overnight stay, while waiting to get in somewhere else.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or